New Coronavirus sports cancellations rampant all over the globe.
The global Coronavirus pandemic is definitely creating a huge impact on the global sports industry – and none of it is good. The truth is, some sports are going to be harder hit than others, because of the New Coronavirus sports cancellations.
Andrea Radrizzani, Leeds United owner says:
“Imagine it for them, the players, coaches . . . they see the finish line, and this pandemic is stopping everything. We’re all living and working on the edge.”
Some of the major sporting events to be affected all over the globe are:
- A number of Esports have been cancelled or postponed, inclusive of the Fortnite World Cup.
- In track and field, the European track and field championships which were to be held in summer in Paris, have been cancelled and so is the Boston Marathon. The Barcelona, Paris and Amsterdam marathons have also been postponed.
Mercedes boss Toto Wolff, states:
“We must realise, that racing is entertainment. We take it very seriously, because we love it. But in the grand scheme of things, it is by no means essential. The health and well-being of our fans, our team members and society in general, however, is.”
- In Tennis, the French Open is postponed and is scheduled to be held from Sept. 20 to Oct. 4, 2020.
- In Cycling, the Tour de France has been postponed and has been scheduled to start on Aug. 29, 2020.
- With regards to USA Gymnastics, no top class events will be held in 2020.
A European football broadcasting executive states:
“Broadcasters and sports like the Premier League have been locked into the hamster wheel of the big, fat bundle for a long time now. Customers are going to get more and more impatient with being locked in.”
There can be no doubt about it, New Coronavirus sports cancellations are rampant all over the globe.