Sports stars who succumbed to Novel Coronavirus!
Since the Coronavirus pandemic broke out in Wuhan, China, in December 2019, a number of famous sports personalities have died because of the killer Coronavirus. Here are some of the sports stars who were killed because of the deadly Novel Coronavirus…
- American Football player, Dick Lucas (86), passed away on April 29.
- Japanese karate master, Teruyuki Okazaki (88), passed away on April 21.
- British footballer, Dave Bacuzzi (79), passed away on April 21.
- Brazil footballer, Celio Taveira (79), passed away on May 29.
- Pakistani cricketer, Riaz Sheikh (51), passed away on June 4.
- American Football player, Roy Lester (96), passed away on May 3.
James Cunningham, Toronto Wolfpack, said:
“Day 7 of self isolation! Living alone is hard work.. cabin fever. Completed Netflix and amazon prime.. completed solitaire.. still coughing like a motherfudger and now completely lost all sense of smell and taste.. anyone else suffering with these symptoms?”
Some more sports stars who died because of the killer Novel Coronavirus…
- Japanese sumo wrestler, Shobushi (28), passed away on May 13.
- Brazilian water polo player, Fernando Sandoval (77), passed away on May 1.
- Dutch footballer, Henk Overgoor (75), passed away on April 23.
- English footballer, John Rowlands (73), passed away on April 26.
- American ice hockey player, Jim Cross (83), passed away on May 2.
- English footballer, John Ogilvie (91), passed away on May 2
Lizzie Deignan, former world road race cycling champion says:
“Struggling for the right words to say. Feeling a bit helpless and anxious. I am used to being team mates with people from all over the world, something I love most about cycling. It has occurred to me that every person in the world right now is my team mate, because every single person can make a difference in this fight. We are all in this together.”
Many other sports personalities have died because of the killer Novel Coronavirus.